Monday, June 29, 2009

Glenwood Springs - Vacation '09


So now that I can download my pix (left the cable in Denver), I am sorry, but I must rewind....

We spent Thursday night in Glenwood Springs, at the Hotel Colorado - just because we've spent 46 years in Colorado and never stayed there :) Wow! Have they done some renovation... who knows who might have stayed in our room - Molly Brown, or perhaps some other, less famous, renegade feminist (since we did not stay in a suite).

The next morning took us across the bridge to a lovely street-side breakfast at the Haute Plate Bistro. My eggs benedict were wonderful... Rainy day, though, so we decided on a spa day and the Yampah Spa right down from the hotel - truly the best way to begin the unwinding process I look for in my vacations. The vapor caves set the tone for a day of massage and relaxation as we traveled to our next destination.

On our way West bound... I am fumbling with camera and realize it is on timer mode ( which I do often in order to capture both Scott and I together, when traveling alone) - looking back, the end result set in motion a number of conversations remeniscing about our past and refelcting upon our beginnning... the diamond that was my original engagement ring as it hangs suspending around my neck.

We continued to drive west, escaping the rain and heavy cloud cover, arriving in Rifle... made a short detour to Rifle Falls upon the recommendation of the receptionist at Yampah Spas. Water thundering in the trees led us to a most spectacular hidden delight... green and mesmerizing.

Still heading west... in search of sunshine :)

Our journey landed in the wine country of Palisade... and the vast canyons, much in contrast to our suburban home.


No comments: