Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TIE Colorado 2011

So I cannot believe that it has been 2 full years since I have posted
to this blog.

I wish I would take lessons from my students who know the value of
creating your own thought then expressing them.

Here I am at the TIE Conference in Copper Mtn CO gazing upon the sun
kissed, snow-blanketed mountain top ... Peace. Solitude. Despair and hope
all in the same image.

I suppose that summarizes my current sensations as well.

Peace is certainly attainable when one considers the magnitude of that
which surrounds them... Rockie mtns, vastness, world-wide
connectivity. All that is beyond the human mind, yet the heart knows
well.

Solitude... Not foreboding alone, yet consider the lives of those
incarcerated to such a destiny. Is it fate? Is it deserved? Regardless
every one of us experiences that sense of isolation.

Today I spent the day at the TIE conference... primarily alone. Is
that truly the most full-filling life?

Despair... Why so alone? Perhaps my life has been too all alone for
the last couple of years. I sense humans fade intodisparity when they
have no connections. No one they perceives genuinely cares for them
and supports them beyond a surface level, no significant contribution. This can occur personally
and professionally. It may not always depend upon caring for you but
most likely extends to the sharing domain. Do you share my ideals and
beliefs? Are they the hill you will die upon? Or at least make me
believe it is so... Have I fought too long for nothing? What do I need
to do differently?

Hope... How can one not feel kissed by Angels on the mountain top? It
is indeed the universe, the Greater Power, Spirit that asks us to turn
our vision inward when amongst Mother Nature. We are asked to examine
why we do what we do, why we behave as we do? Why we hold on to
patterns that no longer serve us positively. In this moment I know
that as the future entwines with today each and every one of our
futures is bright!

No comments: